September 23, 2016
Spectrum News Update
It has truly been refreshing to be introduced to such a welcoming industry of art glass enthusiasts. We are extremely humbled and excited to be taking on the legacy of Spectrum glass. Over the next several months you can expect to receive regular communications like this from us in various formats through different channels. We will be updating you on our progress from moving the equipment down to our plant in Mexico to the actual production of sheet glass and everything in between. In the meantime, I would like to provide you with some details regarding our planning.
(1) Our engineers have been hard at work training at Spectrum in Seattle. We have a nice head start on understanding Spectrum production.
(2) We have retained some of Spectrumâ€™s top operational personnel for some long term and transitional positions. We felt this was essential to the overall success of the transition.
(3) We are currently in the process of making room in our facility to receive all the equipment, including updating the facility for more efficient and environmentally friendly manufacturing.
(4) The timeline for actual production of sheet glass is still Q2 of 2017 as originally communicated. We are committed to doing all we can to expedite the process, however, we want to ensure that we get the colors and the quality right first!
(5) You can expect that we are also committed to making this as fluid a transition as possible therefore we will be keeping the same part numbers and color references that you have been accustomed to using.
(6) We will look to put out an updated product and price list toward the end of January at which time we will be accepting purchase orders for the upcoming production launch.
Rest assured that our full team is focused and dedicated to this new business venture. We have been making cast glass for 25 years and absolutely welcome the opportunity to return to our art glass roots. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me directly otherwise stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.